It’s been a tough year for Baltimore Oriole Chris Davis. In fact, it’s been a tough two years for Chris Davis. Thus far in 2019, Davis is 0-28 with 15 strikeouts. Davis ended last year on a 0-21 run with his last hit coming on September 14th. The combined 0-49 shatters the previous record of at bats without a hit by a non-pitcher of 0-46 previous held by Eugenio Velez from 2010-2011. Current Milwaukee Brewer manager Craig Counsell struggled through an 0-45 run in 2011.
Some interesting notes about the streak compiled in the time period between September 15, 2018 and April 7, 2019
– 569 different MLB players have had hits
– There have been 75 hits recorded by pitchers
– The most hits over the span were 36 by Christian Yelich and Anthony Rendon with 36
– Yelich had 23 extra base hits, Davis had 29 strikeouts
– Most at bats without a strikout, Martyin Prado with 29
To make things worse, Davis is making a $23 million dollar base salary, part of a seven-year $161 million dollar deal he signed in 2019. In 19 actual “baseball days”, Davis has made $3,5 million dollars between hits.
For news, scores, odds, lines, injury reports, free plays and P4P plays from the best roster of handicappers on the planet, make www.VegasCovers.com part of your daily routine.